Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Week 3: Annelid & Tacysoma

With the insertion of the food pellet from last week I found my microaquairum to be decidedly more active this week, with even more organisms moving around. Two of the organisms I identified this week are the Annelid and the Tacysoma. Annelids very much resemble earthworms as they come from the same phylum. When watching the annelid in my microaquarium is appears to feed off of loose debris and possibly the plant material as well. There doesn't seem to be very many annalids in my microaquarium. I only counted 3 that I could find.

Dr. McFarland assisted me identifying the second organism as a Tachysoma. The organism is very abundant in my microaquarium. The tachysoma moves constantly and I wasn't able to see it under high enough magnification to determine how the organism moves or what it may feed on.

Below are photos I took of both organisms through one of the microscopes in the lab.



No comments:

Post a Comment